• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Piglets XB-35.

Interesting throttle configuration.
Any chance of seeing pics of the gauges..? To get an idea of style and whats been done or needs work..?

There arent any gauges.. Closest thing we've got to that is the test gauge i got off mudpond years and years ago.. We need someone who can create the gauge models, animate them and code them in xml.. I'm hoping someone here will volunteer, but i also know how busy everyone is, and this is no small job..

I think I got it over at Flightsim.com or Rikoooo. No purchase needed. It's also a Piglet Product. (It might even be here.) It's in the FS2004 section wherever it is. (A quick Google search should find it pretty quick.) Works perfectly fine in FSX Gold except you need to adjust the display size or you get a giant black bar across the bottom of the screen. It flies great just as the big version should! Can't wait to see it! As far as handling they should be nearly identical as the XB-35 is just a scaled up N9M. The test pilots stated as such. Not sure about asking for permission since they're both Tim's work, but you could use the .air file from the N9M in the XB-35 if it's okay to do so.

Thanks Josh.. You and Bjoern just made my day. :) :) :) .. I'll have to wait till March to get the Horten 229 as well, but all these little test planes will aid in developing the xb-35.. The Horten never could overcome the stability issues. The N-9m was stable, but still had an exaggerated "falling leaf " behavior.. I really want to investigate that more.. :)
Pam

I just checked my FS9 file storage, and found Tim's N9MB, along with the YB-49! The YB-49 is Paul Clawson's. "yb49pc.zip" https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=61697632

Tim's readme says he only uploaded to Flightsim.com and here at the Outhouse. "n-9mb.zip" http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=ratelink&linkid=13357&catid=&lpage=20

There is also a set of repaints that show the three different schemes besides Tim's, used on the four built N-9Ms. "n9mx3.zip"

The repainter does not have his name in the readme, nor do I remember where I got it. I have checked the 4 major sites, including here, and can't find it. There are no restrictions of any kind in the readme, so I should be able to post it here, if wanted.

Theres a yb-49 as well?? My gods you folks are awesome. Mr. Dawson teamed up with Rob Barendrect ( spelling??? ) to do the gauges for the sky unlimited HO-229, but a YB-49?? :D This is amazing.. Maybe i can finally figure out what actually happened to Glenn Edwards.. :).. Thanks Modlr :).. Very much appreciated..

Pam

There arent any gauges.. Closest thing we've got to that is the test gauge i got off mudpond years and years ago.. We need someone who can create the gauge models, animate them and code them in xml.. I'm hoping someone here will volunteer, but i also know how busy everyone is, and this is no small job..

Ouch.
Do we know of any close-up photos of the instruments..?
The zerox of the flight manual gives some good info but the pictures just aren't very clear.

Flight manual here:
http://aviationarchives.blogspot.com/2017/10/northrop-xb-35-pilots-handbook.html

Theres a yb-49 as well?? My gods you folks are awesome. Mr. Dawson teamed up with Rob Barendrect ( spelling??? ) to do the gauges for the sky unlimited HO-229, but a YB-49?? :D This is amazing.. Maybe i can finally figure out what actually happened to Glenn Edwards.. :).. Thanks Modlr :).. Very much appreciated..

Pam
There was also an RB-49 as well. Six engines. Two buried in the wing as usual but for some reason a single podded engine under each side.

Perhaps if you asked nicely Milton Shupe would allow you to use the gauges from the B-26 that was just released. I don't know if the XB-35 had two sets of engine gauges with two needles each or a complete set of four. One for each engine. (The layout of the FE panel seems to suggest the latter.) But in any case the gauges would be of similar vintage to Milton's and he may allow their use since it sounds like the XB-35 is going to roost at the Outhouse. It would make doing the VC much easier.

I rounded up all the Northrop wings; N9M, YB-49 and YRB-49, I'll convert all of those to X most riki-tik.:encouragement:

Can we all say X Plane roundup ::LOL:: great job Lazarus.. and yeah.. I can do the fde for the X3. It'll just take a while for me to get it right..

Can we all say X Plane roundup ::LOL:: great job Lazarus.. and yeah.. I can do the fde for the X3. It'll just take a while for me to get it right..
Piglet's X-24 works in FSX for some X plane fun (it does need the same screen size adjustment the N9M needs). The textures look good but IIRC I did have to pull gauges from other planes in my hangar. In keeping with the Northrop theme an X-4 Bantam would be neat! (And I'm really jonesing for the XF-92 as it looks like it will be spectacular but I think they need some well earned R&R after getting the Marauder tidied up and released!)

Piglet's X-24 works in FSX for some X plane fun (it does need the same screen size adjustment the N9M needs). The textures look good but IIRC I did have to pull gauges from other planes in my hangar. In keeping with the Northrop theme an X-4 Bantam would be neat! (And I'm really jonesing for the XF-92 as it looks like it will be spectacular but I think they need some well earned R&R after getting the Marauder tidied up and released!)

I hear that.. I mean, I'm probably the only dev here ho lives entirely in a chair living on the internet, and even i have to break away every now and then for a bit of blade and soul, or fur fighters ( nothing like cute fluffballs to make you laugh ).. I'm also looking forward to the dart.. Its going to be amazing.. I can already tell that the marauder IS amazing, and have been drooling over that for a while now.. :)..

Pam

I rounded up all the Northrop wings; N9M, YB-49 and YRB-49, I'll convert all of those to X most riki-tik.:encouragement:

Fantastic!! Will they also work in P3Dv4.1??? Please.:applause::applause::applause:

Question, where did you find the YRB-49? Who is the original developer? I have all my original downloads filed by developer. The way I found the YB-49 was because I had it in Piglet's file folder, for some reason.

The YB and YRB-49's were done by Julian Higgs, way back when, FS2002. Reasonably decent given their age.
Should work in P3D, excepting gauges.

How can we do something with the VC, folks? You're all clever bastards. Idea's?

Ouch.
Do we know of any close-up photos of the instruments..?
The zerox of the flight manual gives some good info but the pictures just aren't very clear.

Flight manual here:
http://aviationarchives.blogspot.com/2017/10/northrop-xb-35-pilots-handbook.html

The pilots manual has a nice layout of the main instrument panel including what gauge goes where. 25 gauges in all. There are two RPM and manifold pressure gauges so two engines per gauge. Has anyone asked Milton about using the ones from the A-26 or new B-26? They're probably pretty close to what Northrop would have used seeing as the first flight was in 1946.

I mean, I'm probably the only dev here ho lives entirely in a chair living on the internet

Ha! Haha! If only you knew.

(Except on weekends, when it's social and party time plus sleeping all day.)

The YB and YRB-49's were done by Julian Higgs, way back when, FS2002. Reasonably decent given their age.
Should work in P3D, excepting gauges.

How can we do something with the VC, folks? You're all clever bastards. Idea's?

Extract from the model, then convert with MCX.

If there's no VC, import the model into MCX, then cut out the cockpit area, extrude it inward to obtain window frames and start modeling away.

Both the YB-49 and YRB-49 by J. Higgs were updated to FSX Acceleration by Bob Chiclo in DEC 2008.

These are port-overs, not FSX Native conversions.

...Works perfectly fine in FSX Gold except you need to adjust the display size or you get a giant black bar across the bottom of the screen...

Actually, you don't need to adjust the display size...

In the Panel.cfg you'll see the following near the beginning:

[Window00]
file=n9m_panel.bmp
size_mm=1024
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=1
visible=1
ident=0
render_3d_window=1
window_size= 1.000, 1.000
window_pos= 0.000, 0.000

I bold-faced the line in question. You put a couple of // in front of that 'render_3d_window=1' line and you should be good to go.
So...it should look something like this:

[Window00]
file=n9m_panel.bmp
size_mm=1024
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=1
visible=1
ident=0
//render_3d_window=1
window_size= 1.000, 1.000
window_pos= 0.000, 0.000

Hope this helps.

Repaints Uploads?

Yes please! I for one would like to see the repaints.

KB

"...There is also a set of repaints that show the three different schemes besides Tim's, used on the four built N-9Ms. "n9mx3.zip"

The repainter does not have his name in the readme, nor do I remember where I got it. I have checked the 4 major sites, including here, and can't find it. There are no restrictions of any kind in the readme, so I should be able to post it here, if wanted..."

XB-35 by Kalunori ITO

Found this at flightsim.com by Kazunori ITO. Yes, it is for FS2002/2004 but it is pretty!

attachment.php

Attachments

• xb-35.jpg
    xb-35.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 93
Back