• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Piglets XB-35.

post #45
I thought it should have worked in P3D. For prop textures, just rename a different set of prop textures. Prop 2 is the fast blur. I think.
(Ssssphhfffffffttttt! Hoooooooffff...Whoa.)

I really should read the earlier posts closer, thanks will try it tonight.

While moving the rudders when the engines are dead the left engine prop will turn with the rudders, any one else experiencing this? FSX with acceleration.

Ah-ha! Testing that works! OK. I fumduckered. I guess I didn't de-select prop one when I set the rudders, got the wrong animation code on it.

MODEL FILE FOLLOWS

Fixed N-9MB: View attachment 57870

The NLG contact point is wonky. I moved it back under the wheel. It's compressing too much and burying the wheel. Does anybody know what to adjust to eliminate that?
It look great, though! Nice flier, lands at 48 kts, and the tail bumper lets you do a nice wheelie. Helluva modeler, Piglet.
wouldn't this make a great kit-plane?

YB-49's - Somewhat problematic due to age issues. The Higgs YB and YRB are unusable, pretty much, parts scattered all over the countryside in sim. This happens infrequently with some older models, the animation co-ordinates are different, or something. They're very rough, to boot. Paul's YB looks great, it's a very tight mesh, where the Higgs wing has many protruding edges and gaps. All works well except the main gear, which has half the wheels protruding through the main gear doors when retracted. I'm working on that. May be able to transplant the mains from Piglet's -35 if I can't get the animation end-point reset.

Ah-ha! Testing that works! OK. I fumduckered. I guess I didn't de-select prop one when I set the rudders, got the wrong animation code on it.

The NLG contact point is wonky. I moved it back under the wheel. It's compressing too much and burying the wheel. Does anybody know what to adjust to eliminate that?

I always thought it was handled by the contact points section of the aircraft.cfg ...spring compression - parts 8 and 9 ...;)

Thanks, Jaffo. I`ll mess around with that. The AN-22 NLG needs some tuning up, too.
Now, YB-49 news. The main gear are causing problems on Paul`s old wing. The tire`s got elephantiasis, won`t fit in the wing. It`s a glitch I`ve seen a few times on older FSDS models. Not totally kippered yet, but it`s back-burnered for a bit while I dig into the -35.
View attachment 57963 Improved the cockpits a bit, looking a bit less bare, and hauled various bits out preparatory to getting some proper bomb door animations.
Still agitating for an alpha edition, take you up on those re-paints, Jaffo. Think, PB2T, or SEA gunship, put those 32 20-mikemikes to work...
View attachment 57964View attachment 57965

Thanks, Jaffo. I`ll mess around with that. The AN-22 NLG needs some tuning up, too.
Now, YB-49 news. The main gear are causing problems on Paul`s old wing. The tire`s got elephantiasis, won`t fit in the wing. It`s a glitch I`ve seen a few times on older FSDS models. Not totally kippered yet, but it`s back-burnered for a bit while I dig into the -35.
attachment.php
Improved the cockpits a bit, looking a bit less bare, and hauled various bits out preparatory to getting some proper bomb door animations.
Still agitating for an alpha edition, take you up on those re-paints, Jaffo. Think, PB2T, or SEA gunship, put those 32 20-mikemikes to work...
attachment.php
attachment.php

Have you had a chance to look further into it..?

ok, ok.. let me get some sleep this morning and i'll zip up a pre-alpha version of it for you all to test.. it could probably use for me to add a bit more sideslip, but i'm fearful of making you all airsick when you try to bank it and watch the earth slip out from under you.. :)

attachment.php
Improved the cockpits a bit, looking a bit less bare, and hauled various bits out preparatory to getting some proper bomb door animations.
attachment.php
attachment.php
Looking great Lazarus. Only critique i have is that the humans appear too big. This plane was "huge" with enough headroom to walk around in ( even if a little slumped over )..

Heres the correct scaling if you can.. ( got lucky finding this )..

main-qimg-47e14983815af8e3f0838f5d4b3e39ff-c

Thanks for releasing this alpha Pam. I am much less than an expert on flight dynamics, but it feels big and heavy, which is exactly what it was. I really hope this project comes to fruition, because even just in spot view it looks superb:

Did some experimenting in P3D V4.1.
At first when you select the aircraft the sim would CTD, I repeated several time, removed all the .gau files with the same result. Finally used the files in Northrop_XB-35_FDE-4.5.zip to update the air files and it worked (one more CTD before I fixed the sound). Noticed I had no sound, looked in the sound folder and while there were a bunch of sound files the sound.cfg was just an alias pointing at the default DC-3 (which I don't have in the normal spot). Copied the find for the DC-3 into its sound folder and things worked much better. I was able to complete my test circuit, could roll her but could not flip (not unexpected) but here handling was pretty good.

Still grunching along at it...:banghead: Interrupted with an ill advised sortie to Pender Harbour, and subsequent three days of clearing effing snow off the topsides...Hot rums in the Garden Bay Pub aiding recovery. Might need a few more days R&R. :very_drunk:

Thanks for releasing this alpha Pam. I am much less than an expert on flight dynamics, but it feels big and heavy, which is exactly what it was. I really hope this project comes to fruition, because even just in spot view it looks superb:

Well, I sure wasnt able to take it any further and the plane is just beautiful. Flies like a silk and is an incredible joy. I figured it was time to give it over to the people that can actually finish it. The community here. Piglet is pretty special to the entire community here, and not just me. I just hope they add the doggy bag on the engineering deck where the pup can find it ..

Is there any form of paint kit in existence or is this something I'll need to reverse engineer and create from scratch?
I did that for Tim's A12A Avenger II cos I was enlarging everything to 4096 - the whole plane was effectively on one bitmap and thus detail was being lost a bit....even at 2048.
This one's essentially on 3 at 2048 so is probably fine as is...;)

Back