• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Piglets XB-35.

Actually, you don't need to adjust the display size...

In the Panel.cfg you'll see the following near the beginning:

[Window00]
file=n9m_panel.bmp
size_mm=1024
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=1
visible=1
ident=0
render_3d_window=1
window_size= 1.000, 1.000
window_pos= 0.000, 0.000

I bold-faced the line in question. You put a couple of // in front of that 'render_3d_window=1' line and you should be good to go.
So...it should look something like this:

[Window00]
file=n9m_panel.bmp
size_mm=1024
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=1
visible=1
ident=0
//render_3d_window=1
window_size= 1.000, 1.000
window_pos= 0.000, 0.000

Hope this helps.

That must be what I did because my CFG has that line put on ignore. I thought I set the size_mm=1024 to 1080. It has been a while.

Yes please! I for one would like to see the repaints.

KB

"...There is also a set of repaints that show the three different schemes besides Tim's, used on the four built N-9Ms. "n9mx3.zip"

The repainter does not have his name in the readme, nor do I remember where I got it. I have checked the 4 major sites, including here, and can't find it. There are no restrictions of any kind in the readme, so I should be able to post it here, if wanted..."

I uploaded the texture files zip to the library. So whenever Rami gets them okayed, you are welcome to them.
If anyone recognizes them, and knows the original author, I will be sure to add the credits to the files.

Those 3 were done in December '16 ....and yer right...no name....I got them not long ago from FlightSim.com [I think] ...;)

Piglets N-9MB in X format. FSX native materials and animations, 3d props.
Twiddled cfg a bit to correct contact points and prop positions to match externals.
Any glitches, shout back in this wing forum, we'll get it worked out.
Alpha state for testing, NOTE: VOR1 is incompatible and x'd out, needs gauges updated, getting the gauge sound DLL crash on exit.
Model Zip below. NOTE 2: Has not been flown, just ran the sim long enough to verify it's displaying.

View attachment 57805

Piglets N-9MB in X format. FSX native materials and animations, 3d props.
Twiddled cfg a bit to correct contact points and prop positions to match externals.
Any glitches, shout back in this wing forum, we'll get it worked out.
Alpha state for testing, NOTE: VOR1 is incompatible and x'd out, needs gauges updated, getting the gauge sound DLL crash on exit.
Model Zip below. NOTE 2: Has not been flown, just ran the sim long enough to verify it's displaying.

View attachment 57805

Flies great but I had some reflections/streaks inside my canopy. I did not however get a crash when switching planes so maybe that is an isolated incident. Just like to point out that Aerosoft has the Mitchellwing as freeware. It's an ultralight, but has retracts and will get up and boogie at a shade over 150! (Although the ASI is VNEd at 120.) Great for the ultralight strip at Oshkosh!

Found this at flightsim.com by Kazunori ITO. Yes, it is for FS2002/2004 but it is pretty!

attachment.php

Nice video of ITO's XB-35...:encouragement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNWaDGfll64

I uploaded the texture files zip to the library. So whenever Rami gets them okayed, you are welcome to them.
If anyone recognizes them, and knows the original author, I will be sure to add the credits to the files.

I just received a PM telling me who these paints were done by. Our own "Mick" did them, and they are here in the library. I just didn't use the proper search info. Searching for a file by the file name does not work. Mick told me to search for "Northrop N-9".

My public apologies to Mick. I am adding his name to the readme in my file so I don't make that mistake again. Sorry, Mick.

Lazarus's rendition of the N9m departing YMML ...;)

attachment.php

Edit ...just saw your post, Don ....yep...must have been from here then.....[memory is the first to go]...;)

Attachments

• N9M-YMML.jpg
    N9M-YMML.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 105
Lazarus's rendition of the N9m departing YMML ...;)

attachment.php

Edit ...just saw your post, Don ....yep...must have been from here then.....[memory is the first to go]...;)

Yep, tell me about it. LOL!!

Gonna try Micks textures on my download of the N9M. Thanks Lazarus.

just a disclaimer:a1310: all of the YB-49 models are pretty old, basic and grunchy. Paul's YB is probably the nicest of the lot, but it's very simple - 749 kb after conversion, one draw call, kinda low rez. Julian's YB and YRB have a few more drawcalls, desperately need texture work. They seem a bit more 'greeblied' than Paul's version, the gear is a bit busier, got a hatch and boarding ladder, leading edge slats. The interiors are very basic, as are the VC's.
that said, all three versions are well in hand, hopefully, everything works and displays when they get in sim.

Have a look at the N9M's control surface animations while you're working it up, just ensure that those are working properly. If not, I try other animation codes. Haven't had a chance to fly it yet.

On the XB-35, I've got the VC model out and isolated, and an interim with a pair of wrap textures applied so the colour can be changed . It looks a bit better. I think I can also swap the VC interior into the external model. This will give a bit more complete looking model at the cost of a few extra KB.
I'll send along the updated XB-35 to Pam shortly. I'm also agitating for a 'alpha state' in house release so the painters can get at it.

I tried putting Piglets N9M through ModelConvertX and it at least works in P3D v4.1, The animation for the gear, canopy and rudder work but the flaps, elevators, ailerons and propellers do not show any animations. Not sure how to get it to work.

Yeah, that sounds like a problem you're on yer own with:a1310: I'm a vanilla FSX/A, so I've got no idea. Pete at simviation usually fires up these conversions in P3D3/4, they usually seem to run OK; otherwise, I'll take the fifth. Or, a fifth. Single malt.

just a disclaimer:a1310: all of the YB-49 models are pretty old, basic and grunchy. Paul's YB is probably the nicest of the lot, but it's very simple - 749 kb after conversion, one draw call, kinda low rez. Julian's YB and YRB have a few more drawcalls, desperately need texture work. They seem a bit more 'greeblied' than Paul's version, the gear is a bit busier, got a hatch and boarding ladder, leading edge slats. The interiors are very basic, as are the VC's.
that said, all three versions are well in hand, hopefully, everything works and displays when they get in sim.

Have a look at the N9M's control surface animations while you're working it up, just ensure that those are working properly. If not, I try other animation codes. Haven't had a chance to fly it yet.

On the XB-35, I've got the VC model out and isolated, and an interim with a pair of wrap textures applied so the colour can be changed . It looks a bit better. I think I can also swap the VC interior into the external model. This will give a bit more complete looking model at the cost of a few extra KB.
I'll send along the updated XB-35 to Pam shortly. I'm also agitating for a 'alpha state' in house release so the painters can get at it.
Idon't know if the N9M utilized them but on the XB-35 pushing both rudder pedals together (thereby operating the brakes) also opened both rudders for some airbrake action. (I was reading the pilot manual and it stated to not use the wheel brakes before retracting the gear for this reason.) I would think the N9M would have had all the features that were planed for the full size planes. Could the rudders be hooked up to the spoiler key so they open simultaneously? On a similar note Area51's B2 is just the opposite. Lacking rudder animation but the airbrakes work so maybe they have to be one or the other?

I just tried Lazarus' conversion of the N-9M in P3Dv4.1, and everything works. I did not install the gauges, so none of the click spots in the cockpit work, but the animations are all working. I noticed the prop textures do not show, it just uses the generic ones.

A few screenshots, from Edwards Aux. North field.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

I used Mick's textures, converting some to DDS, and leaving some as bmp. I didn't notice any appreciable affect on frames.

Attachments

• screenshot8.jpg
    screenshot8.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 0
  • screenshot12.jpg
    screenshot12.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 41
  • screenshot9.jpg
    screenshot9.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 40
  • screenshot30.jpg
    screenshot30.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 40
  • screenshot29.jpg
    screenshot29.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 42
I just tried Lazarus' conversion of the N-9M in P3Dv4.1, and everything works. I did not install the gauges, so none of the click spots in the cockpit work, but the animations are all working. I noticed the prop textures do not show, it just uses the generic ones.

Nice, does anyone know where I can find Lazarus's conversion?

post #45
I thought it should have worked in P3D. For prop textures, just rename a different set of prop textures. Prop 2 is the fast blur. I think.
(Ssssphhfffffffttttt! Hoooooooffff...Whoa.)

Prop Movement with Rudder

While moving the rudders when the engines are dead the left engine prop will turn with the rudders, any one else experiencing this? FSX with acceleration.

Back