• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

RFN F-8 Crusader is Out!!

There are two operations to do to activate the autopilot:

1 / on the left bank: switch to "on" then press the brakes. (the yellow lamp lights up)

2 / on the right bank, switch "altitude hold" to "engage". (the yellow lamp lights up)

Then you can use the "bank control" to turn

It is not an autopilot like on modern airplanes.

Yes, I understand that. In the rare times I have got through step 1) it works and is very straightforward.

The problem is almost always the yellow lamp does NOT light up after many, many times pressing the brakes. Once in a while entirely randomly it works and then I am in business. This is really perplexing why I have this issue and no one else seems to. I have done several fresh downloads and re-installs. This is my most used aircraft - it is work of art.

Yes, I understand that. In the rare times I have got through step 1) it works and is very straightforward.

The problem is almost always the yellow lamp does NOT light up after many, many times pressing the brakes. Once in a while entirely randomly it works and then I am in business. This is really perplexing why I have this issue and no one else seems to. I have done several fresh downloads and re-installs. This is my most used aircraft - it is work of art.
Do you use a joystick? If so the trigger is typically mapped to the brakes. When I enable the AP on this aircraft I just click the trigger once (maybe twice or for a long "burst") and it works every time.
Hope this helps.
:ernaehrung004:

Thanks Frank. Yes, brakes mapped to the "." key and pinky trigger on the X52 stick. Both function. Really stumped on this.

Tried changing the keyboard - that was not it. Reverted to the default panel and air.cfg (had added the Oriskany deck pack by CIMOGT and fooled around with the AP entries).

I get nothing pressing the brake "." key or button. If I press on and off many times the Z key the yellow light flickers on and off and I can hear the "click" sound. Eventually I may get it to stay on and then it all works as advertised. Almost as if there is a command conflict somewhere or not enough electrical power to the activation circuit?

Hi,
We've just released a new V1.1 version on our website!
In this version we added 2 new versions (new external mdl only): F-8E (it still has BLC and double leading edge but it looks like a E...) and F-8P (the very last French version)
attachment.php

We added a configuration gauge too, which allows to start cold & dark, manage fuel and manage store configuration. Only fuselage pylons and missiles sor far but you can now have clean Crusader or dual pylons with 4 Sidewinders!
Payload corresponding weight is also managed by the gauge but not yet drag. Note that should be compatible with Tacpack (look at the documentation for implementation detail)

We fixed few bugs and mapping issues, including the nose and IR sensor mapping issue.
This is a full package which replaces the previous V1.0.

Here is the link tour our website : http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia....ations.htm#Avi

I hope it will meet your expectations?
Regards,
Sylvain

Attachments

• Crusader_RFN6.jpg
    Crusader_RFN6.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 34
First of a series I'm working on finishing up. I'm doing three schemes worn by F-8J's of VFP-63 during the 70s
through early 80s at NAS Miramar (aka "Fightertown" at the time). This first one was the CO's ride in 1974.

Attachments

• VFP-63.jpg
    VFP-63.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 17
Am embarrassed to admit this, but I've been disappointed thinking there's no available USN carrier with F-8s on deck from which to fly - until I remembered the '65 USS Coral Sea cruise formation modelled by the great folks at SWS has VF-154 F-8s on deck! How could I forget? Hooray! No VF-154 repaint (yet), but who knows, that may change.

What I've not been able to to do is either launch or trap aboard the SWS boats - all my USN carrier work with this model has been off of Gaz's great CVT-16. Was hoping to fly in a more "operational" environment, so until he updates his long-awaited Essex SBC-125, I'll have to make do with what's available.

Has anyone succeeded in getting the SWS Coral Sea to play nice with the RFN F-8?

thanks in advance.

dl

Am embarrassed to admit this, but I've been disappointed thinking there's no available USN carrier with F-8s on deck from which to fly - until I remembered the '65 USS Coral Sea cruise formation modelled by the great folks at SWS has VF-154 F-8s on deck! How could I forget? Hooray! No VF-154 repaint (yet), but who knows, that may change.

What I've not been able to to do is either launch or trap aboard the SWS boats - all my USN carrier work with this model has been off of Gaz's great CVT-16. Was hoping to fly in a more "operational" environment, so until he updates his long-awaited Essex SBC-125, I'll have to make do with what's available.

Has anyone succeeded in getting the SWS Coral Sea to play nice with the RFN F-8?

thanks in advance.

dl

Hmm, I smell a challenge!! :encouragement: NC Will give it a try later.....

NO !!!!!!!!!!

Having exactly the same issue with the SWS Coral Sea. Been A - B testing this issue the past two days and sent a "ticket" (hate that system personally) to Alex about it. Wish they would bring back their forum so the communtiy could gang tackle these issues efficiently! I can trap and launch the RFN F-8 on Gaz's O Boat and other carriers. Can do the same with the SWS F-4, but the CV-43 that comes with the legacy F-4 doesn't work for me anymore for some unkown reason. My F-4 is installed the "outside" method - I normally install simobjects the old fashioned way so may that's the issue? The new PBR F-4 I am now using didn't ship with a new CV-43.

My NavAir wish list at the moment:

• Fix the SWS CV-43
  • A repaint pack (replacing the old one) for the new PBR SWS F-4 (didn't realise when I bought it last week the old paints won't work on the new plane - bummer)
  • Gaz to release his Essex class carriers so we can have a Hancock, Bonnie Dick, Tico, etc for the F-8
  • Find the source of the issue I alone seem to have activating the RFN autopilot

Over and out!
expat

Back