• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

RFN F-8 Crusader is Out!!

I added some weathering.
058.jpg

059.jpg

060.jpg

061.jpg

062.jpg

063.jpg

Looks lovely Richard. VF-84 flew the C model, but nonetheless, I’m sure that paint will be popular here.

I’ve been really enjoying your weathered VMF-235 paint, btw. Many thanks for that.

Yes, I know, the VF84 used the C model, pointed nose and flat back.
But as this version is not part of the models offered by RFN ..

Thank you for your kind words DL, weathering takes the longest time in a repaint.
Richard

NO !!!!!!!!!!

Having exactly the same issue with the SWS Coral Sea. Been A - B testing this issue the past two days and sent a "ticket" (hate that system personally) to Alex about it.

The issue is that the Crusader's tailhook is commented out in the aircraft.cfg. Also, it isn't calibrated with our system, so may not be able to catch a wire. Unfortunately the next patch is already packed and will be out soon, so we'll add the F-8 preset in the update after.

You can still create it yourselves using the ingame tool we are providing by going to Add-ons->SWS Carriers->Calibrate Aircraft->Tailhook/AoA Calibration.

Last edited:
The issue is that the Crusader's tailhook is commented out in the aircraft.cfg. Also, it isn't calibrated with our system, so may not be able to catch a wire. Unfortunately the next patch is already packed and will be out soon, so we'll add the F-8 preset in the update after.

You can still create it yourselves using the ingame tool we are providing by going to Add-ons->SWS Carriers->Calibrate Aircraft->Tailhook/AoA Calibration.

Hi Alex,
The tailhook positions is hard coded into the mdl, but SWS system to have these info available into the aircraft.cfg? I guess there's no impact to uncomment these lines...

We've just release v1.2 of our Crusader.
In this version added Zuni capacities, sonic boom effect and sound and fixed the fuselage issue.
Regarding impacts on textures, the main change is that I improved the pylon texture by adding some more specific details into Fuselage-T texture so if repainters want to I updated the paint kit too.

Regards,
Sylvain
http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia.fr/RFN-Creations.htm#Avi

Hi Alex,
The tailhook positions is hard coded into the mdl, but SWS system to have these info available into the aircraft.cfg? I guess there's no impact to uncomment these lines...

In this version added Zuni capacities, sonic boom effect and sound and fixed the fuselage issue.
Regarding impacts on textures, the main change is that I improved the pylon texture by adding some more specific details into Fuselage-T texture so if repainters want to I updated the paint kit too.

Regards,
Sylvain

In step 4 of installation:
4)Copy all .bmp files which are in _FSX_Effects/texture or _P3D_Effects/texture folder into your sim root Effects/texture folder or Prepar3D v4 Add-ons/Effects/texture folder (in case of P3D extra installation folder).

I did not see any texture files included. There are Effects but no textures.

Edit: I used the texture files from V1.1 and they seem to work okay.

Hi Alex,

Regards,
Sylvain

Hello Sylvain,

We have our own set of hook & launch bar attachpoints that are stored in a text file. CEX uses them to trap and launch and reverts to the cfg ones if they aren't found. Perhaps commenting out the cfg entries is what breaks it for us, but that will be arranged in the near future with an update from us.

I'll send you an e-mail with the presets file to check, as well as something else ;)

Best,
Alex

A few screenshots from a formation flight off the coast of Japan. In my little group of friends, everyone who's flown the Crusader has fallen in love with it! Good on ya RFN!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• flt3.jpg
    flt3.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 36
  • flt2.jpg
    flt2.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 39
  • flt1.jpg
    flt1.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 36
Can someone please tell me how to remove this canopy/windscreen "haze" that appears? Thanks, NC

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2020-5-6_22-3-58-807.jpg
    2020-5-6_22-3-58-807.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 66
Back