• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

SOH A-26 Invader FSX Converted Files Download

John:

Thanks, prop feathering now. Will try to spit out a revised file soon,which mostly makes a few minor changes to braking, ground handling and takeoff manners.

T

Definitly some issue with the server, keep getting into some endless loop with the server too busy when trying an attachment.

T

290a26.jpg

What scenery is this?

Tom also sent teh FM to me just in case he could not get it posted.

I added another 6 or so fltsim sections from what I have if you are interested, otherwise teh same as Tom posted.

Is anyone else having an issue with the some of the VC textures not displaying/displaying as gray on the center pedestal, seat and black background around parts of the panel? I'm not sure if I goofed with proper placement with some of the bump textures or if there is a minor mapping issue.

Any ideas?

Any Differences

Tom also sent teh FM to me just in case he could not get it posted.

I added another 6 or so fltsim sections from what I have if you are interested, otherwise teh same as Tom posted.

any appreciable differences from the original files?

Which one of these files are you referring to and what txt is removed?

The files you downloaded have ".txt" at the end of their names. Just delete that part and copy and overwrite the existing files. If you have textures installed, you may want to copy that part of the file over into the new ones before copying and pasting, or just rename the current ones to ".bak" so they don't get over written.

Edit: OK, I see, when you download them, using "saveas" they download without the .txt at the end of them. So you can probably just copy them over.

Which one of these files are you referring to and what txt is removed?

Download them both (one is the .air file the other the .cfg file). Then remove the .txt from the file name. If you have additional repaints then you might want to copy these entries from the old .cfg and add them to the new one, ensuring that the number sequence is maintained..

Just gets better and better... now I need to try out the new .cfg files. Thank you John!!!

fsx2012-05-0912-00-32-40.jpg

fsx2012-05-0911-59-24-82.jpg

fsx2012-05-0912-05-30-83.jpg

Screens of the VC texture

Here are screens of the VC texture issue I am experiencing that I mentioned on a post above. The red arrows mark the problem areas.
View attachment 65050View attachment 65051View attachment 65052View attachment 65053

I did revert back to the original FSX native models & textures minus the bump textures and the blacked out texture area in the front-right side of the VC was again green but the center pedestal & seat, retracted boarding ladder appear partly untextured gray. I did go back an fully check to make sure all the files were in the proper location and return to the newest version of the models & textures but the issue is still present. Everything else appears normal and functions perfectly.

StormILM, it is displaying correctly for you. That is how the VC was originally in FS9 as well, and I have left it just as is. Unfortunately I'm not in a position that I can invest the time needed to advance it further.

Wow... I'm away from S-O for a few days and I come back and find this! I've been waiting literally years for someone to update this amazing model for FSX.

I just have to pop in and say a huge THANK YOU to John! I think I can speak for everyone here in saying we all really appreciate the time and effort you put into this.

(Actual huge "thank you" ;-) ______________^^

And it was fun to come in and see the enthusiasm of the crowd here push you to go back to it after "finishing" and add the bump maps too! Anyway, I can't wait to fire it up. Please know that your time and effort is is greatly appreciated!

StormILM, it is displaying correctly for you. That is how the VC was originally in FS9 as well, and I have left it just as is. Unfortunately I'm not in a position that I can invest the time needed to advance it further.

John, thanks for the reply and for doing what you have done on this model for us! I guess that one spot (forward right wall) appeared different after the changes and I thought I screwed up something/misplaced some files. It's a minor visual and not a killer to the rest of the model. But if you don't mind me asking, if myself/some of my fellow A-26 users wanted to update the VC texture spots pointed out, is it something that can be tackled by normal painting tools or does it fall into more advanced MDL/Mapping needs? I'd be willing to take a crack at it if pointed in the right direction or help contribute.

Back