• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

TA-4J Skyhawk Released

Thanks for the appreciation!@DocJohnson... I am afraid that the gunsight has not been fixed. At the moment I have no CRs open for that: gunsight seems to provide correct indication for firing, provided that depression is taken into account, although it would be cooler if depression could be manually set (which is not possible at the moment).What is the required action?

I was specifically clicking the vehicle configuration option to use the CCIP gunsight.

No action if none can be taken. After doing some research, the A-4 gunsight was pretty simple, a fixed gunsight without lead computing. I've flown several sorties on the Fallon range and learned to use the fixed gunsight and can still bomb pretty well that way (grease pencil gunsight).

attachment.php

Thanks for the quick response!

Attachments

• A-4F VA-127 NAS Fallon 7.jpg
    A-4F VA-127 NAS Fallon 7.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 43
Correct - although IRL you could set a depression angle and there was a simple on-board computer and a LABS system (both not simulated).The CCIP option is there mostly for testing purposes.... and does work, but there is a catch: singe the gunsight field of view is very limited, the CCIP in many instaces falls below the gunsight, so you dive more than you should, then the CCIP goes even lower and so on - driving you to a very deep dive.

VC shimmering

I was wondering if anyone else has this with the TA-4J.

Unless I'm zoomed in so that all I see is the panel and no outside view, my instrument gauges shimmer badly, like I used to have in FSX. I have no such shimmering with any other addons or stock planes now that I'm in P3Dv4.5.

I checked (through the device manager) to ensure my GeForce 1050 drivers were current, which they were, but it's still really bad. FPS is good, but really bad shimmering.

Anyone else see this? I really like this addon, but it's effectively unusable when I'm zoomed out to a decent level where I can see out.

PS - Looking forward to trying the new repaints - the VFA-127 schemes look superb.

Thanks!

dl

Sorry, I don't have that issue DL. Hopefully someone can help sort you out, as the cockpit is really outstanding on this model (And everything else about it. ;) )

Sorry, I don't have that issue DL. Hopefully someone can help sort you out, as the cockpit is really outstanding on this model (And everything else about it. ;) )

Thanks SD,

Yeah, so we're clear - the VC panel and most of the gauge textures are fine. It's an effect I believe used to be called "barber pole" - where the white/black contrast of needles and numbers switches back and forth, roughly 4 cycles/second. Resembling a black/white version of the old fashioned spinning barber pole.

I think it was common in FSX with resource-demanding addons on machines with limited performance. Since I don't see it any other addon, including heavy addons like the SWS F-4, Aerosoft F-14, etc. I'm doubtful it's my pc's performance.

cheers,

dl

New texture in progress

A new dress in progress : TA-4F BuNo 154334 "Chameleon".
The crews gave her that nickname following the impressive number of different camouflages she received within the squadron.
Some more corrections to do before upload it.
Richard
A217.jpg

A218.jpg

A219.jpg

A220.jpg

A221.jpg

Thanks, Richard.

The "Chameleon" looks great. I really like the research you're doing, and that your repaints match real world schemes. :encouragement:

Back