• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

TA-4J Skyhawk Released

Thanks Matt! High praise from a master painter. Very much appreciated.

Sundog, I have been gathering material for the triple blue 75th anniversary paint but haven't started yet. If someone else is working on it, I'll stand down.

Mike

To mike

Awesome Mike.
NJ/601 from VF126 and A 709 were on my to do list, so I deleted them. Thank you.
About A 709, I would like to make some constructive remarks. I hope not to hurt you, my goal is to share a common passion and my infos.
- The silver line on the front of the fuselage of your texture seems slightly curved. On the photos (see links below) the line appears rather like a straight line.
- The antiglare panel is not black see the second picture from Cybermodeler.
- On the first photo you have the name of the pilot.
- On the first and second pictures, when comparing the right and left air intake, we note that compared to the "Danger arrow", the silver line is slightly positioned higher on the left side.
- The last give an idea of the under surfaces.
- The second give an idea of the helmet's color
Richard

https://nara.getarchive.net/media/t...reflight-checks-on-their-ta-4j-skyhawk-fe8abd
https://www.cybermodeler.com/aircraft/a-4/pages/aero_a-4_269.shtml
https://nara.getarchive.net/media/a...quadron-7-vt-7-ta-4j-skyhawk-57a161?zoom=true

Richard,

I very much appreciate the feedback and the pictures. I did not have too much to work off of so I am glad for the extra info. You should not delete your work! With the material you have I'd think your version of A709 would be much nicer, so please continue. Your other paints are marvelous. Don't delete any of them. Due to real world work I am often pressed for time so I may not get back to making revisions for some time. We can never have too many paints. Variety is the spice of life!

Mike

Dino,

Thanks very much for the encouragement and for this aircraft. It is awesome! I'm looking forward to the other variants. Great work!

Mike

Richard,

I very much appreciate the feedback and the pictures. I did not have too much to work off of so I am glad for the extra info. You should not delete your work! With the material you have I'd think your version of A709 would be much nicer, so please continue. Your other paints are marvelous. Don't delete any of them. Due to real world work I am often pressed for time so I may not get back to making revisions for some time. We can never have too many paints. Variety is the spice of life!

Mike

Hi Mike, thank you for your answer. OK I put this texture back on my list. I know that it's not always easy to reconcile work and leisure.
Richard

Not sure if you guys have made any NFWS Top Gun textures for the twin seater. Top gun F or Js are very hard to find, I think they only started to be used during the last years of Skyhawk flying. One subject is TA-4J 155115 which flew with nose code “60” from 1991.

It had the pilot name “LT Stephen Foley – Axel” stenciled under the canopy. The movie character name association is obvious. It is probably the same Stephen Foley as was the Blue Angels commander in the 2005-06 seasons. A period as Top gun instructor is mentioned in his CV.

Scrshot193.jpg~original

Scrshot195.jpg~original

Scrshot199.jpg~original

Scrshot198.jpg~original

Guess nobody wants to answer my question... :devilish:

Okay, lets make it simple. Anyone got links to these latest textures for the TA-4J???? :untroubled:

Mine has not been uploaded yet.

One question to the very knowledgeable soh crowd; did NFWS tend to paint the pilot name on both side of the canopy on their Skyhawks?
A small detail I want to check out before I release my TA-4J 155115 “60” repaint.

after scrolling through 10000s of A4 images the past few weeks, its hit and miss with names on the side, Ive seen both from the weapons school with names on 1 or both sides

Love the both the TA-4J and the A-4. H/T to Dino, have loved everyone of your aircraft.

Wondering if the gunsight is fixed on the TA-4J and A-4?

Back