• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Douglas C-47 v3 Livery Thread

Qantas VH-EDD ....that 'other' paint version. Now for a QEA one ...;)

attachment.php

Attachments

• qantas vh-edd2.jpg
    qantas vh-edd2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 46
I just may of stumbled on a solution, at least it works for me, I copied all the file contents of Gordon's texture.blackint to the NATS folder and it over rode some file in my NATS texture folder, low and behold
I now have the black seats that I have been wrestling to have.

Hey Gray Eagle,

now you have but TWO sets of VVC textures! If you just want to have one alias folder with Gman's black VVC textures for other liveries also, just do as Gman has told you and DELETE all VVC textures from your actual (NATS) livery folder. Only then its texture.cfg makes sense as I tried to describe earlier.

Hi Gman! I'm sorry to tell you what I' m going to write but your HD
paints ( USAF 50940 end Yankee Doodle) appear very blurred in my FSX (gold edition-Windows 7) . Of course I've set TML=4096,
so in your opinion is there something to be fixed? Thank you

Last edited:
Oops

As Popeye the sailor use to say, this is embariskin...... I did post the wrong pic. Here is what I should of posted in my Fixed post ^ (#114)

I really like the darker seats Gman :encouragement:

black_seats.jpg

I may be mistaken but judging form the screen cap you posted, that looks like Jan's black VC...not mine. Not to worry, it's a beauty.

Last edited:
QEA VH-EAP on the go. Simplest thing re the fonts...pull them off the photos directly...that way they can't be wrong....
More to do...;)
attachment.php

Edit....
done the alphas....looking closer like it....;)

attachment.php

Need to remove the text on the wings....didn't have any...and it looks like it needs to lose a bit more shine...

Attachments

• Qantas VH-EAP1.jpg
    Qantas VH-EAP1.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 23
  • Qantas VH-EAP2.jpg
    Qantas VH-EAP2.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
V2 textures in V3

In doing so I just edited the aircraft.cfg of the V2-version so that it referred to the modelfile and the airfile. Moved the related texturefile to thye V3 folder, eventually renamed to prevent Double naming.
I did not try to copy the V2 model into the V3 folder so that the V2-version could use its original model-file.
reg.,
Piet de Geus

Market garden

I had an uncle who was in the Para,s that were dropped into Arnhem,he with others was eventually captured by the Germans,i believe he was being taken to Dresden but somehow escaped,he used to tell the story about navigating his way home by the stars,and on route stealing a big Mercedes staff car which he said he traded with an American Sargent for a flight to England,wonder what aircraft he flew back in,he was certainly a tough man,seeing Market garden made my spine tingle and took me back,this looks like a very special texture to me
Peter

I had an uncle who was in the Para,s that were dropped into Arnhem,he with others was eventually captured by the Germans,i believe he was being taken to Dresden but somehow escaped,he used to tell the story about navigating his way home by the stars,and on route stealing a big Mercedes staff car which he said he traded with an American Sargent for a flight to England,wonder what aircraft he flew back in,he was certainly a tough man,seeing Market garden made my spine tingle and took me back,this looks like a very special texture to me
Peter

An uncle to be proud of. :encouragement:

Nice repaints guys :encouragement:

Here some progress I have made on the last C-47 the KLM had in their fleet. The registration was cancelled 15 July 1970, when this aircraft received a Surinam registration.

@Jan Visser, when you fly this livery for a while, it actually isn't that bad.....

Cheers,
Huub

Anyone know where this area is on the PK. I have over painted the wings and part of
the fuselage with no luck finding it.

Joe

I've finished the QEA VH-EAP. Time to upload these 3 Qantas versions...;) [and choose some better weather]

attachment.php

Attachments

• Qantas VH-EAP Final.jpg
    Qantas VH-EAP Final.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 46
Back