• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

iniBuilds T-33 Jet Trainer Released

The luggage pod (more commonly called a "travel pod") is just that...a removable, external pod that is sized to specifically fit and Air Force B-4 bag (basically a suitcase common in the military in the 1950-60s). It allowed pilots to haul baggage to their destination. The T-38 also has a detachable bagge pod that has been used from the 1960s for the same purpose.

Attachments

• Travel Pod.jpg
    Travel Pod.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 28
Also, I noticed an oddity when trying out the fuel system in flight. Just to see what happens I hit all four fuel tank switches to the ON position. As soon as I did that, the fuel consumption rate went through the roof. As soon as I killed the extra tank switches it went back to normal.
I think this is simulating something that was mentioned in the promo video by the owner of Ace Maker. You can't run with all the tanks open, because they feed into the fuselage tank, and any fuel not used by the engine from that tank is vented away and lost. Here's the video - fast forward to 8:40

Both chase airplanes are now uploaded to flightsim.to :)

BC1.jpg

BC2.jpg

BC3.jpg

Download: N416X | N109X

Last edited:
I got the FM/Engine Mod. Two things that stuck out as being off. The Flight Model mod regarding the Pitch is off, it runs out of authority too quickly at lower speeds. We had a private T-33A here on the field for 20 years, learned a great deal about them and they had plenty of pitch authority at the speeds where this mod falls off. As far as the engine performance, the thrust and spool up now feel correct but the EGT gets stuck in the red range with the throttle retarded. The mod needs tweaking but it's getting it more on target.
Just a heads-up, that the Flight Model mod for the T-33 at Flightsim.to was updated to version 1.1, and now version 1.2 - version 1.1 increased the elevator authority across all airspeeds, and the pitch and yaw MOI was slightly decreased, while version 1.2 has added drag to the speed brake and landing gear.
https://flightsim.to/file/80848/inibuilds-t-33-flightmodel-and-engine-realism-mod

Hi Tim !,

So you found your pleasure in MSFS ! Very well done, my friend ! Wow! :encouragement: I hope all's well with you and yours !

You might've read about the bare-metal discussion we're having here regarding this beautiful T-33 model. I was just wondering, any chance you might have some superfluous unpainted aluminium plating lying around in your paintshop ?.... (just asking, understand full well if you've already used them on a P-51 or F-86 or something.... ;-)

Hi Jan,

thanks a lot! I hope you are doing well as well :)

Yes, definitely. Like Marcel, I also tried my best to remove the paint from the T-33. Here are some early WIP pictures:

T33-Bare-Metal.jpg

T33-Bare-Metal2.jpg

T33-Bare-Metal3.jpg

T33-Bare-Metal4.jpg

T33-Bare-Metal5.jpg

Still a lot to do. But at least I already found a few interesting liveries that are doable even with all the limitations of the model.

The luggage pod (more commonly called a "travel pod") is just that...a removable, external pod that is sized to specifically fit and Air Force B-4 bag (basically a suitcase common in the military in the 1950-60s). It allowed pilots to haul baggage to their destination. The T-38 also has a detachable bagge pod that has been used from the 1960s for the same purpose.
Thanks CK ! Still wondering why you guys wanted that thing so much :)
First efforts, to repaint via Blender (the fuselage is warped so normal repainting is not easy), worked better that i expected.

View attachment 155387
Machtig mooi, Marcel ! Good to know it worked better then you expected ! :encouragement:

Hi Jan,

thanks a lot! I hope you are doing well as well :)

Yes, definitely. Like Marcel, I also tried my best to remove the paint from the T-33. Here are some early WIP pictures:

T33-Bare-Metal.jpg

Still a lot to do. But at least I already found a few interesting liveries that are doable even with all the limitations of the model.
Holy Bare Metal Shooting Stars, Batman !! You must've worn out a ton of polishing cloth there, Tim ! Oh my goodness that's insanely beautiful !!! That's a T-33 alright !! :love: :eek:

Absolutely fantastic, Tim ! Dunno bout any other T-33 aficionados around here but Marcel and you sure have made my day, week, month and the rest of this year !! Who cares about MSFS2024 !! I'll be flying this until the cows come home !! :jump:
Fantastic job, thank you very much, my friend ! :ernaehrung004:

Just a heads-up, that the Flight Model mod for the T-33 at Flightsim.to was updated to version 1.1, and now version 1.2 - version 1.1 increased the elevator authority across all airspeeds, and the pitch and yaw MOI was slightly decreased, while version 1.2 has added drag to the speed brake and landing gear.
https://flightsim.to/file/80848/inibuilds-t-33-flightmodel-and-engine-realism-mod
Got this version as well, the overall handing feel is better but the lingering issues are: Speed Brake Drag is too low, had the engine at idle flying level over the runway, speed stayed at 250kts brakes out/idle. When in landing config, had to keep the power pretty high to maintain 120-130kts. The other issue is the engine EGT staying high after retarding the throttle plus the tail section hot light comes on at low power settings. I am going to pass this to the Dev and see if they can address them.

Excellent, Marcel ! Who needs a paintkit, right !? That's a Klu T-33 as i remember it !! :ernaehrung004:

( there's still the mirror issue to deal with, right ?...)

In my opinion if you are doing a line jet MGR has the right look vs the chrome look

Hey Joe, (always wanted to say that... ;-) there's no such thing as "chrome" at hand here, it's all honest, genuine bare aluminium. Tim took out his polish cloths and a truckload of polish and Marcel sprayed on a coat of polyurethene protective varnish because of the dutch sea climate. ( M-16 belonged to the Koninklijke Luchtmacht (Klu) aka the Netherlands Airforce). Chrome is just a paint to fake polished metal on toys or other rubbish. ;-)

ddba291c-d8c2-31ad-e6f5-c23fafcbeac2.jpg

Last edited:
I think this is simulating something that was mentioned in the promo video by the owner of Ace Maker. You can't run with all the tanks open, because they feed into the fuselage tank, and any fuel not used by the engine from that tank is vented away and lost. Here's the video - fast forward to 8:40

I just watched that video. That does appear to be what happens. As soon as you hit all four switches, the fuselage tank tops off and then the rest lose fuel incredibly fast.

Thanks,
Forest

So what's up with this "luggage pod" gentlemen. What is it, where is it and what's so important about it ?..... Is it not just to hold a clean shirt and a twelve o'clock lunch ?.....
If I'm going to fly to the beach for the weekend, I need some way to carry my XXL speedo!

Yep, if you look at bare metal birds in miltiary service, vs restored warbirds, there are big ranges of shine. The actual Thunderbirds T-33 looks almost like silver paint, the restored bird in that scheme is hood-ornament-level awesome chrome.

Back