• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

P3D_V5 Screenshots P3D V 5

Classic Jet

Somewheres called the GAFFA in Oz
SPPg2CP.jpg

Standard morning inbound to Darwin
UpxTZBa.jpg

Just a reminder I guess of what everyone is missing as the wait on the never never for MS to come good! the DC-8. DC-9 or B717 in MSFS ah nup - never!

Days end at Cairns Queensland

Broome to Darwin to Gove to Cairns - standard DC-9 run once. On final off the ILS at Cairns. ORBX Cairns

ABrgUib.jpg

A somewhat overlooked aircraft these days but quite happy in P3Cv5.2, the DH104 Dove.

ImH9Tp.jpg

Heading South from Durban to the Cape.
:encouragement:

A somewhat overlooked aircraft these days but quite happy in P3Cv5.2, the DH104 Dove.

ImH9Tp.jpg

Heading South from Durban to the Cape.

Nice shot there. One of the first to go back when I set up 5.2 never dissappointed with it in fact it is remarkably good - the delightful Dove very nice! DH did very well with the Dove and they sure got well used all over the planet.

Rob Richardson's Cougars are beautiful models; I've spent weeks tinkering with them. This is a 'T' from VT-25 in the early 1960's. Sometimes the trainers are the prettiest...

51672326821_9a44ddd685_k.jpg

DaveQ

Rob Richardson Airspeed Ambassador

Described as 'Elegant' a British pressurised piston, killed off by De Havilland when they took over Airspeed and runover by the Vickers Viscount. Got good run in Oz with Butlers Air Transport, another one from the 1950s thanks to Rob Richardson.

vnKoXNP.jpg

Thanks to DaveQ and Wombat66 for reminding me of Rob's Great Aeroplanes. The Airspeed Ambassador (now in the library here fortunately) works fine in P3DV5.2 (few minor bugs thats all)

A bit of Nostalgia

fxTp3cl.jpg

Butler Airspeed Ambassador

Busy place Tooraweenah NSW in the 1950s.
T8eJyHr.jpg

Not sure if that is old fashioned country APU or the local taxi in the foreground. Airport at Tooraweenah in northern NSW in OZ is long long gone alas.

Arthurs Babies

NwgF9Vt.jpg

6fbRgga.jpg

dvpz3Ac.jpg

To be able to do that is what makes P3D so special.
What happened to Butler - snaffled up by Ansett and became Airlines of NSW, not Arthur Butlers doing - employee shareholders sold him out!.
Flight Replicas lovely fixed gear Heron, M Jahns C-47 and the JBK Viscount - all alive and well in P3DV5. Scenery by ORBX.

The not rapid Rapide.

43FvcJT.jpg

df1t72r.jpg

Dave Garwoods DH-89A(v4) ORBX AU2 with a number of island strips from SimMarket. Time to explore the world of Australian National Airways in the lat 1930s early 1940s. Pride of the fleet at the time the DH89.Rex Weather.
(SimMarket has a Very nice collection of out the way island strips in Bass Straight all beautifully modelled- Cape Barren Island, Badger Island, Inner Sister Island, Mount Chappel Island and Swan Island all for V5 and dirt cheap.)

By Dawn's Early Light

A reminder of just how good P3DV5.2 is. No enhancements just standard shaders, EA and True Sky and of course the PMDG DC-6B.

2YR2H14.jpg

A visual comparison between Rick Piper's HS748 and the JF version.
Both are good and both have minor flaws, I'm just going to fly them both!

1HG11B.jpg

Rick's (Free!) version.

Pigmp2.jpg

The Just Flight (AH if IRCC) HS748.

Artic Nights

I seldom post night shots - very difficult to see properly (usually) Well this is P3DV5.3 Grimsey and island on the northern Icelandic Coast was the the departure point. AS weather and the real weather was basically CAVOK. The light and sparkling powder snow on the runway was pretty amazing, the stars actually had a slight twinkle to them and the early phase moon about right as well. Very impressive night scenes indeed. Weather reported sct cloud at a couple of layers near Reykyavik and that is what I got also. This sim just gets better and better.
About to roll RWY18
hKobmuU.jpg

On the climb out
604IJkA.jpg

AH's DH104, ORBX Iceland or NA and AS. P3D EA and TrueSky.

Back