• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

P3D_V5 Screenshots P3D V 5

Wof4PPf.png

Definitely aging gracefully, one of my all time favorite Golden Age aircraft.

KfjyOb.jpg

:applause:

Is that the old FS9 Comet that came as standard? If so much respect for the conversion, (I gave up...:dizzy:)

DaveQ

PS - It was years ago so maybe me and MCX have got better meantime!

Comets

Nice shot there Wombat. I had given up on the old version that would not work with P3D but somebody else did not so went hunting and there she is - thanks for the reminder. Full credit to the conversion they did a good job very nice. I do recall participating in some RTW extravaganza here on SOH and hand flying the twitchy little bugger across France and then crashing somewhere after bouncing down the runway on arrival! Bit like the MG good for a fun spin around the block but not a serious distance tourer!

G'Day Mike and Dave.
I was trawling around the net just 'looking' and came across 'Rikoooo Add-ons' (not one of my go-to sites) and noticed several reworks of the FS9 standards.
Always liked the Comet, looks good and remains a tricky bird but that's most of the attraction.
Originally reworked for FSX by Craig Richardson on the Classic Wings site.
Shows her age a little but remains quite elegant.......:applause:

Wombat much appreciated - not sure who the wizards are at Rickoo but they have redone quite a few that required some serious Model Convertor and xml gauge work to make happen - well beyond my interest span these days. Did the JBK flying boats and the KBT Electra (with a band of likeminded classic lovers) that took a year plus! Rickoo do keep close to their chest whose responsible so cannot thank them. They did the whole package with all the paints - very generous. There are more than a few other gems lurking there (Like Rick Pipers HS748 now converted and rebuilt for P3D)

The Comet really was a gem - you really get a feel for that being strapped into a serious racing car feeling, no view out the front you would have to zig zag all over the place to see where you were going, weird levers and wheels to do stuff (like the undercarriage is controlled by a big wheel) like all racers twitchy as heck but then that was the point deliberately aerodynamically unstable for control and speed outcomes like that rudder had little or no directional control until you got some decent speed. You can see this was an aeroplane when the all over field was the norm not narrow taxyway's and runways. A bit like an old Bentley racer with wings! The Comet was that rare aeroplane I use to just go for a sim fly just for the heck of it and now I can again - and you have to admit very good looking little beast! Might have to find my old motorbike leathers to compliment the experience! LOL When you think about they only ever made a handful and probably only a dozen or so pilots would ever have had the pleasure or pain of flying one! You would need to well supplied with gin in the evenings to fly one all the way to OZ!

Nice shot there Wombat. I had given up on the old version that would not work with P3D but somebody else did not so went hunting and there she is - thanks for the reminder. Full credit to the conversion they did a good job very nice. I do recall participating in some RTW extravaganza here on SOH and hand flying the twitchy little bugger across France and then crashing somewhere after bouncing down the runway on arrival! Bit like the MG good for a fun spin around the block but not a serious distance tourer!

Seems the Shuttleworth test pilot (10,000 hrs plus and 120 on type) had the same problem when doing the test flight for it in 2002 - bounced 5 times on landing then collapsed the gear - took then 10 years and a major rebuild to get it in the air again!

And for anybody interested - this link is a rundown on what the Comet was like to fly and how to fly the Comet and its quirks -

http://www.lightaircraftassociation.co.uk/2017/Magazine/Oct/Flight Test - A Beautiful Beast.pdf

Nice Wombat. That is very good scenery - attention to detail is acute - first time I have seen a compass swing station painted on any airport in the sim!

Solent Sojourn

GND1bw3.jpg

V6lHwvE.jpg

JBKs Solent 3 True Sky (with AS weather) - Wellington (Evans Bay) to Fiji (Laucala Bay) 8.5 hours solid sim time and P3D never missed a beat!

Back