• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

P3D_V5 Screenshots P3D V 5

Wombat666 - Nice screens that's a view I once knew well. Yes the only other repaint I ever found for the JF/AH DHC3 was of all things for the RAAF Otter they used out at Maralinga! One of those curious things that with FSX in its late days all in close proximity to one after another VirtuCol released an Otter, then JF/AH released an Otter and then Milviz released their Otter. Both the AH and Milviz versions were diabolical to paint which also explains why not many paints about for either! At least the Qantas and TAA liveries were done for both - easy to satisfy me sometimes.

Back to PNG- works and looks good in P3D with Holgermesh and ORBX Jackson/Kokoda and Tapini added there are a few other good sceneries for PNG (Mt Hagen, Lae and Madang) but very little otherwise - would have thought it was a bush flyers paradise. Oh and there is no island of Samarai in the sim (FSX or P3D) go figure! Nor is the Wau airport in any scenery - how can you not fly PNG without going to WAU! They used to run DC-3s in there!

Sort of WAU

Having a go at creating an aerodrome for WAU in PNG. Got the location right, the layout ok but this making a good sloping runway is a real problem. First pass anyway. Least I can go to WAU now!

fMpbFPO.jpg

FWIW WAU had/has a 12 degree upslope (that is pretty steep) OFT but if I flatten I get the cliffs at the end not rolling steep hills. If I don't flatten the runway floats and if I try the elevation point thing whole thing goes haywire. Hmmmm lot to learn about this airport design business.

Yes the waves on the beach caught my eye as well - wondered if it was a static surf! Is the little red and cream biplane a WACO?

Static waves unfortunately but they look pretty good just the same.
Flying out of KEKA Murray Field at what looks to be low tide. (There's more mud flats than Western Port!)
The 'little red and cream biplane' is the GAS Fairchild KR-21A NC926V, another classic from those 'Old School' FS devs.

RXS49D.jpg

CnGp1d.jpg

Thanks I thought that might be the case. In the meantime I have discovered that there are a few enterprising individual scenery folk who have utilised the functions in SODE to create storm waves and huge surfs and tie it to the wind speed. Problem is they have to create a SODE package basically for a very limited spot not a large geographic area. Heres some screens alas they are related to obscure rock formations or lighthouse in the UK but the process works just fine. Apparently it is painstaking process and got for special locations but not a big area.
bVLh863.jpg

GtnX0t0.jpg

Look for some zip files called: "ED, WOLF, PORT, DOV, FOLK, SODE.zip" and " shetland stormwaves.zip" over at AVSIM.

Seems there is more to this SODE application for the sim than just moving eye candy etc at airports. The Shetland one puts big waves and surf on a number of locations looks great actually and totally dynamic. Now to work out how to do it!

How did you manage to merge a VC with the HJG 707 ?

Mine only have a 2D panel.

HJG have great models but the good folks there seem a bit frozen in time using FS9 and 2D panels. I don't really know much yet about what I am doing but I was able to do this playing around with Model Converter X, which can covert FS9 models into native FSX or in this instance P3Dv4 models. You then need to tweak some animations. Some models have parts in very odd places and I have yet to learn how to deal with those.

Back