• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Hawker Sea Hawk P3D FSX 10_16

Thanks for the update Rob. That's both good and bad news. Great to hear the textures are not mirrored. :encouragement:

It was of course a matter of time that the first models designed specially for P3D would arrive. I guess this is the point where some of us need to learn how to get P3D models working in FSX. :dizzy:

Cheers,
Huub

Yes your right about the direction in which FS is going, having said that I have started on a conversion of the Sea Hawk for FSX but it will take a while, not quite finished the P3D version yet.
I hope maybe I can get both models finished at the same time.

RobR

Rob, I can assure you your efforts are highly appreciated! Although most people prefer the looks of the Hunter I always had a soft spot for this tiny little fighter. The last operational Sea Hawks from the Dutch Navy flew from NAS Valkenburg, which was only 6 kilometers from when I was born (and still live).

And Frog, you don't need to run as you are most probably right. But first I might need to invest in a new computer.

Thanks,
Huub

Glad to hear it Rob, waiting patiently.
I would go down the P3D path but I fly so rarely these days I don't know if I can justify it to myself... often months between flights :confusion:

I always check people's user names...it gives me great insight into their self-image.

I thought we had left that episode already behind us. The post you quote is nearly 4 months old and in post 24 animal already apologises for his language.

Huub

Great news there will be an fsx version... very keen to see this in fsx. Have checked most weeks on progress as it is keenly looked forward to here.

Matt

I should have the P3D Sea Hawk done by the weekend and the FSX conversion a day or two later.
It is proving easier than I thought it would be using the Blender to FSX tool set, just a bit of a chore reapplying all the animations and vis code.
The "Warpaint No 29" was well worth the money Dave.

RobR

Great stuff Rob!

Now we just need an early post war british carrier to go with the Sea Hawk. As far as I know so was HMS victorious not finished with the extensive rebuild before the Sea Hawk was replaced in service by more modern fighters and the HMS ark royal model is as it looked during the 70's with Phantoms.

I could be wrong but I don't think Sea Hawks ever operated from Victorious. In her axial deck form she was taken out of service for her most extensive refit before the Sea Hawk arrived, by the time she emerged with the angled deck the Sea Hawk had been replaced or was in the process of being replaced by the Scimitar.
Best bet for a period specific carrier right now is likely the Majestic class by Lazarus. Don''t know if there are any RN deck paint for her though, as far as I'm aware its just the HMCS Bonaventure, HMAS Melbourne and INS Vikrant. Incidentally the Vikrant actually did operate Sea Hawks, albeit with the Indian FAA rather than the RN FAA.
There was a Colossus/Centaur class model being worked on over at Flying stations, been a while since I've heard anything about it though.

Craig

That was my point as well, I have never seen seen sea hawks in the victorious air wing lineup. Of the first gen fighters i only think the sea venom saw service aboard victorious

I did the majestic class hd textures and did a vikrant in the later hybrid angled deck/ harrier paint. Should work for the sea hawk as i seem to remember the indians continued to fly them into the harrier period?

That was my point as well, I have never seen seen sea hawks in the victorious air wing lineup. Of the first gen fighters i only think the sea venom saw service aboard victorious

I can find no evidence of the Sea Hawk ever having operated from Victorious, a great pity FS wise.

PS. By the by, FSX version now ready for download.

Back