• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Hawker Sea Hawk P3D FSX 10_16

Cheers Rob. Not long got in from work and I know what I'll be checking out VERY soon:encouragement:

ATB
DaveB:)

Just downloaded and installed the Sea Hawk. A beautiful gift. Thank you Rob for sharing your great work freely with us again.

I did the majestic class hd textures and did a vikrant in the later hybrid angled deck/ harrier paint. Should work for the sea hawk as i seem to remember the indians continued to fly them into the harrier period?

A Karel Doorman would be great too!

Here's a very dirty paintjob depending on Rob's work in the paintkit.

Cees

Attachments

• Dutch Hawk.jpg
    Dutch Hawk.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
The Indian Connection..

Robs beautiful Sea Hawk painted as a Indian FGA.6 from no 300 Sqn with the Vikrant carrier group with the INS major ships INS Vikrant and cruisers INS Dehli and INS Mysore. A custom paintjob for the Alouette rescue helicopter as well.

Scrshot687.jpg~original

Scrshot689.jpg~original

Scrshot677.jpg~original

Scrshot680.jpg~original

i seem to remember the indians continued to fly them into the harrier period?

They did indeed, though not for very long. The Indians took delivery of their first Sea Harrier in 1983 but also retired the Sea Hawk in 1983:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawke...ette_&_Sea_King_helicopters_and_Alize_ASW.jpg

I was reading the wiki article earlier today and theres a section that mentions the Canadians and Australians trialing the Sea Hawk, it also states that the Aussies took delivery of an evaluation batch and operated them from Melbourne on a trials basis, I can't find anything to corroborate an Australian delivery though. Anyone heard anything about this before?

A Karel Doorman would be great too!

Here's a very dirty paintjob depending on Rob's work in the paintkit.

Cees

Cees,

The repaint looks very nice!

The Arromanches R95 and the HMS Ocean were both from the Colossus class like the second Karel Doorman. You can find the FSX versions of both here: http://royalefrenchnavy.perso.sfr.fr/RFN-Navires.htm . I have no experience with carriers so I really don't know whether you can can be used to land on and to take off from.

Cheers,
Huub

Edit: The second one seems to be a CFS2 carrier.

Huub,

I don't think any of these models would represent Karel Doorman as it looked during the Sea Hawk period as it had the angled deck and the standard green/grey British deck colour. I believe KD had a deck paint very similar to what you see in my Vikrant screenshots.

I believe the Majestic class by Lazarus and some texture work by myself probably is the closest you get to KD. I can see if I can make a dedicated deck texture with the D on the rear for you guys.

Thanks Jens-Ole,

As I already said I have absolutely no experience with carriers.

Cheers,
Huub

A little less dirty.....I chose to make the rivets a lot darker and the panel lines more outspoken....

Cees

Attachments

• SH.jpg
    SH.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 32
Thanks Robert for a great aircraft (here the FSX version):

909428CapeVerde.jpg

746356SHVC.jpg

On my computer, maybe because I didn't set properly "TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD", the paint is a little blurry... After removing the mip-maps in "Seahawk 1.dds" with DtxBmp, all is good, crisp and sharp...

Scenery: Cape Verde photoreal (free) by FSDG.

Love the start up smoke! Love the flames! What a beautiful model! Looking in the wheelwells you can see the engine! This one screams for repaints, with that to-good-to-be-true paintkit!

Thanks Rob!

Cees

Back