• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

JP (and co)'s Alphasim/Virtavia F-4 Revival for FSX/P3D

Now I am trying to redo VF-114.

I think VF-114 was baked into a model therefore. no textures were listed in new release. :dizzy:

Edit: VF-114 was model.6 in previous release. If I copy that model.6 to the new release, it's a no show.

So, it looks like a lot of conversions will need to be done in order to make the old paints work in the new release.
You should definitely NOT add old models Sir!

If you are referring to model.6 from the old pack 1 (the model I added) it is a J model. So you just do what is outlined for the other J models in the readme file:

Substitute "model=6" with "model=J" in "aircraft.cfg" and copy "texture.cfg" from "texture.J" to you newly added repaint folder.

-JP

You should definitely NOT add old models Sir!

If you are referring to model.6 from the old pack 1 (the model I added) it is a J model. So you just do what is outlined for the other J models in the readme file:

Substitute "model=6" with "model=J" in "aircraft.cfg" and copy "texture.cfg" from "texture.J" to you newly added repaint folder.

-JP

Ah,,, Thanks for the info. Appreciate it. :encouragement:

I fly the Phantom in P3D V4.5 and have the same problem as the above Picture, the Windows seems unvisible. Is there a way to solve this problem? I checked and found that there is no texure for the glass. it seems to be linked to the model as material.
The windows are visible, but not very much. :)

From some angles they are as good as invisible. They are indeed made of a material without texture, I have not changed that from the FS9 model. Postbaer61's PBR models will have texture added for the canopy glass as far as I know.

-JP

Dark cockpit

In P3D V4.5 the cockpit is dark.

Capture.jpg

Looks like you are missing some textures, did you maybe forget to add the correct "texture.cfg" to this repaint folder?

Cheers,
JP

I did. This is the VF-114 texture. Screen shot is from VF-114 cockpit

Texture cfg=

fallback.1=..\texture.VC

Yes, i used the rcb miljet gauge as Jafo explained in post #55
but with Doug Dawson's dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.dll gauge for P3D v4.5

In panel.cfg...

// --------------------------------------------------- SONIC BOOM

gauge07=rcb-miljet!SonicBoomControl, 0,0 // The SonicBoom gauge
gauge08=dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64!Sound, 0,0,,, ./gauges/rcb-miljet/COP_Sound.ini // Plays sounds

// -------------------------------------- TRANSONIC VAPOUR CONE EFFECT

In aircraft.cfg /lights...
light.11 = 10, -10.00, 0.00, 0.00, fx_RCB_machenvlop,1 // SonicBoom effect

The vapor cone effect entry ^ isn't working for me in P3D V4.5

The sonic boom works great.

The vapor cone effect entry ^ isn't working for me in P3D V4.5

The sonic boom works great.

Has the light entry the consecutive number ?
In this case

light.9 = 10, -10.00, 0.00, 0.00, fx_RCB_machenvlop,1 // SonicBoom effect

and have you the "fx_RCB_machenvlop.fx" file in your effects Folder ?

Just an FYI, I'm reworking the cockpit textures and that will be a separate upload as soon as I can get all of them done. Real world keeps me from spending as much time as I need, but they will be done.

Thanks Ed, your work is always very much appreciated!
I'm looking forward to it.

Ulrich

Has the light entry the consecutive number ?
In this case

light.9 = 10, -10.00, 0.00, 0.00, fx_RCB_machenvlop,1 // SonicBoom effect

and have you the "fx_RCB_machenvlop.fx" file in your effects Folder ?

It's all sorted. Was missing the effect file you mentioned.

Thanks

Capture.jpg

Virtavia Phantom II Reloaded for P3D v 4.5+ PBR

Just uploaded version 1 of the new P3D v 4.5+ PBR package to the library
icon7.png

SG7AdMZ.jpg

Cheers
Ulrich

Wow, that was quick! :applause:

Thank you Ulrich, great job, really looking forward to seeing the PBR Phantoms in sim.

One thing that I don't like with the sonic boom effect in its current state is that COP3\SonicBoomControl intercepts the cabin lights (light type 10).
This means that we can no longer use both types of interior light (cabin and instrument), which is a pity. It would be better to hack into e.g. the taxi lights (light type 6) which are unused by the Phantom.

This can be accomplished by a minor edit of "SonicBoomControl.xml". Just change all occurrences of "LIGHT CABIN" to "LIGHT TAXI" and change "TOGGLE_CABIN_LIGHTS" to "TOGGLE_TAXI_LIGHTS". Then you can change the [lights] entry in "aircraft.cfg" from "light.XX = 10, -10.00, 0.00, 0.00, fx_RCB_machenvlop,1" to "light.XX = 6, -10.00, 0.00, 0.00, fx_RCB_machenvlop,1". Now the sonic boom uses the taxi lights, and we can (once again) use the cabin lights.

Cheers,
JP

Thank you Ulrich, great job, really looking forward to seeing the PBR Phantoms in sim.

One thing that I don't like with the sonic boom effect in its current state is that COP3\SonicBoomControl intercepts the cabin lights (light type 10).
This means that we can no longer use both types of interior light (cabin and instrument), which is a pity. It would be better to hack into e.g. the taxi lights (light type 6) which are unused by the Phantom.

This can be accomplished by a minor edit of "SonicBoomControl.xml". Just change all occurrences of "LIGHT CABIN" to "LIGHT TAXI" and change "TOGGLE_CABIN_LIGHTS" to "TOGGLE_TAXI_LIGHTS". Then you can change the [lights] entry in "aircraft.cfg" from "light.XX = 10, -10.00, 0.00, 0.00, fx_RCB_machenvlop,1" to "light.XX = 6, -10.00, 0.00, 0.00, fx_RCB_machenvlop,1". Now the sonic boom uses the taxi lights, and we can (once again) use the cabin lights.

Cheers,
JP

I'm assuming that's a modeling thing, and not something we as users can do?

Cheers,
JP

I still get the vapor cone effect just sitting on the runway and I use the "L" (Lights) key. I can toggle the vapor smoke off and on using "L" key.
I'm not sure if your info ^ was addressing this very issue or the boom sound.

I did make the adjustments you mentioned to the xml file and in the lights entry.

[lights]

//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing

light.1 = 10, 19.70, 0, 2.60, fx_F4_flood,
light.2 = 10, 15.80, 0, 3.40, fx_F4_flood,
light.3 = 7, -11.5, -19.2, -0.68, fx_contrail_Virtavia Phantom ,
light.4 = 7, -11.5, 19.2, -0.68, fx_contrail_Virtavia Phantom ,
light.5 = 9, -9.19, -2.20, -0.79, fx_reheat_AlphaPhantomFSX ,
//light.6 = 9, -9.19, 2.20, -0.79, fx_reheat_AlphaPhantomFSX ,
light.7 = 4, 20.00, 0.60, 2.20, fx_F4_insts,
light.8 = 4, 20.00, -0.60, 2.20, fx_F4_insts,
//light.9 = 10, -10.00, 0.00, 0.00, fx_RCB_machenvlop,1 // SonicBoom effect
light.9 = 6, -10.00, 0.00, 0.00, fx_RCB_machenvlop,1 // SonicBoom effect <<<< This is as per your change.
[GeneralEngineData]

Capture.jpg

<Value>
(A:AIRSPEED MACH, number) 0.99 > (A:LIGHT TAXI,bool) ! &&
if{
(>K:TOGGLE_TAXI_LIGHTS)
(P:Local Time,seconds) (>G:Var1)
}

(A:AIRSPEED MACH, number) 0.98 < (A:LIGHT TAXI,bool) &&
if{
(>K:TOGGLE_TAXI_LIGHTS)
}

(G:Var1) 0 > (P:Local Time,seconds) (G:Var1) 3 + > &&
if{

I tried this out and now when I break sonic barrier I get the boom but no vapor cone effect.
The vapor effect can not be turned on/off with touch of "L" key as my picture shows whereas
before the AB effect can be turned on with the "L" key - six of one and half-dozen of another.
Glad I saved a copy of the xml file.

Back